Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Pho Chay, That Was Actually Rau


Again I borded the pho rau train. When I first got to Vietnam, I thought Pho Chay meant pho with veggies, but it turned out I was wrong and chay means vegetarian, not vegetable, so I had been going around asking for pho without meat when what I wanted was pho with vegetables instead of meat, or occasionally in addition to meat. This particular bowl of pho was eaten at Pho Bin in Dalat. It was not good, nor was the restaurant. I wouldn't recommend it, especially with so many other respectable places to eat in Dalat. We only ate here because we were tired and wanted to get something to eat before it got late. We over-paid and were under-satisfied, not a good combination. It seriously lacked vegetables, though the broth was okay despite being a bit spicier than we expected. I think this was the type of place you eat at and leave as fast as you can and never look back, forgetting even the meal if possible. I wish I could, and now, maybe having written this, I can. 2 forks.

No comments: